AgriNomix Position Description
Job Title: Process Design Engineer
Location: Oberlin, OH w/ periodic travel
Reports to: Senior Process Design Engineer
AgriNomix LLC, a leader in the horticultural industry as an integrator of horticultural automation, is hiring for the position of Process Design Engineer. This fast-paced position will require exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task throughout the day.
- Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Process Design Engineer, the Process Design Engineer’s (PDE) primary objective is to help analyze client work flows and develop automation system layouts. The PDE’s work product supports project development and sales initiatives. The position requires minimal travel of 5-10% outside of office at customer locations collecting or confirming measurements, gathering samples and process data, while nurturing and growing relationships.
In this role, the PDE will provide an important contribution to our 3 company goals;
Our 3 Goals:
- To Develop & Maintain Exceptionally Satisfied Customers
- Wisely Maximize the Opportunities We’ve Created.
- To Remain Profitable
The PDE will accomplish these goals through personal stellar performance and company-wide support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of layout design for customers in Visual Components 3D simulation software.
- Taking 3D models and at times downloading or creating some model components in SolidWorks.
- Collaborating with the Strategic Business Development Leader, and other internal resources as may be necessary, to create machinery layout concepts, process workflow solutions and miscellaneous calculations of process capacity or units required for client consideration.
- With the Strategic Business Development Leader, and other internal resources as required, present 3D design layout proposals to customers.
- Always exploring options to provide clients with the best possible Engineered solutions.
- Translation between US modeling and EU modeling to work with both US and EU measuring units.
- Collaborates and works closely with Supply Partners to ensure clients are receiving timely information and best possible Engineered solutions for their current challenges and future updates & expansions.
- Develops and maintains an exceptional level of expertise on all AgriNomix and Supply Partner offerings.
- Work closely with Project Management Team to ensure successful project execution and 100% customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Provides senior leadership with timely updates on any known challenges & opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required):
- Bachelor Degree with Mechanical, Structural, Manufacturing or Design Engineering emphasis preferred.
- Proven experience with a 3D software solution, SolidWorks or comparable engineering design software applications.
- Understands what superb customer service looks like and provides clients with over-the-top attention.
- Possesses some or all of the following skills; AutoCAD 2D Modeling, Solid Modeling (3D), Mathematics, Python Programming, Industrial Automation Application, System Dynamics, Control Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to create a sense of trust and reliability with customers.
- Can professionally and effectively communicate through verbal and written means.
- Excellent influencer with ability to effectively and consistently convey AgriNomix value proposition.
- Skilled at relating to a variety of customers. Balance’s poise and integrity with a service mentality.
- Ability to respectfully and skillfully challenge ideas resulting in win-win solutions for both client & AgriNomix.
- Ability to effectively work autonomously while always keeping manager informed, as well as, other members of senior leadership as necessary.
- Fanatical about details and follow through.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Critical thinker and over-the-top responsive to client needs.
- Energized by meeting and engaging new people, definite extrovert with strong social skills.
- Motivated by providing service to others – delighting the customer.
- Demonstrates confidence while finding a balance with humility.
- Is approachable and engaging, someone others want to be around.
- Is tenacious, driven and able to deal with frustration and rejection, never gives up.
- Connects quickly with new people – a skilled networker.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, flexible with work hours, responsive to customer needs and willing to be available when necessary.
- Does what it takes to get the job done without instruction.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Periodic travel (air and driving) is required for this position. Valid passport and driver’s license are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbents are typically in a controlled office work environment with few physical hazards.
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disablity Insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
*Salary based on experience and qualifications.