Trimming Strategies For Growth Control
The Growers’ Dilemma
Every season, growers face difficult choices about controlling growth in order to produce fuller, higher quality, and uniform crops. The traditional strategies have involved applying PGR’s and/or some type of manual pinching or trimming. The need for this kind of growth control is obvious, but raises issues such as:
- Cost – Manual trimming/pinching is very labor intensive and therefore costly, while each PGR application has its own set of not insignificant costs.
- Speed – Manual pinching is a slow, time consuming process. Pinching a large crop can often take a number of days and consume a large part of the available labor force during this time
- Unpredictable Results – PGR applications can sometimes have unpredictable, and even unintended results.
The Growers’ Opportunity
We recognized that our customers needed a high quality, cost effective trimming solution to perform this critical task. This solution should give growers more flexibility throughout the growth of the crop because of it’s speed, precision, and low cost per treatment.
To bring this solution to our market, AgriNomix worked with our European partners, Lanz GmbH and Pack TTI, world leaders in trimming technology. The results were North American versions of their machines, with some of our innovations, as well as our gift for cost containment. The two systems are as follows:
Benefits of Automated Trimming
- Significant Labor Savings – The labor savings realized over hand trimming/pinching is difficult to overstate. We have had direct feedback from our customers that have seen 80% cost savings on pinching poinsettias and over-the-ground mowing with the EZ Cut Trimmer.
- More Accurate Crop Timing – Because of the speed and the low cost per mowing offered by our trimmers, growers can fine tune their growth management and really dial in the timing of a crop. These trimmers allow growers to respond quickly to different crop conditions in a very timely fashion, with predictable results.
- Unmatched Uniformity & Predictable Results – Our customers are very satisfied, in some cases surprised, at the uniform and predictable results provided by our trimmers. But a picture is worth a thousand words. Below is an example of poinsettia pinching using our trimmers.
- Minimize PGR Applications – Growers try to minimize the application of PGR’s in order to save money and avoid the uncertainty sometimes associated with using PGR’s. Cost effective, high quality automated trimming can be a much better alternative in many situations.
- Easy Cutting Reclamation – Growers don’t like to waste anything. Our cutting collections system not only efficiently collects the cuttings, but do it in such a way that they are undamaged and can be re-used.
Customer Quotes About Our Trimmers
Let’s Talk About It
At AgriNomix, we want to fully understand your situation and requirements before we recommend any solution. We have tried to fully explain the advantages of our trimming solutions, but we want to answer all your questions and discuss your specific situation to make sure we have a good fit. Please call us at 1-800-354-3750 and say you want to talk about TRIMMERS. We will be happy to review your trimming requirements, as well as discussing specifics like options and prices.
You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your time and interest!