AgriNomix Position Description
Job Title: Installation Supervisor
Department: Project Management
Location: Oberlin, OH with travel
Reports to: Project Manager
AgriNomix LLC, a leader in the horticultural industry as an integrator of horticultural automation, is hiring for the position of Installation Supervisor. This fast-paced position will require exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task throughout the day.
- Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Installation Supervisor role is a hands-on position with significant overnight travel required. The primary function of the Installation Supervisor is to “roll-up-the-sleeves” and work “hands-on” while facilitating the project construction process as outlined in the project scope, schedule, and budget as approved by client. Installation Supervisors will likely spend over 75% of their scheduled hours working at client project site’s with significant written and verbal correspondence directly to and between strategic Partner’s, Project Managers and assigned Project Engineers. In this role, the Installation Supervisor will always strive for 100% “Exceptionally Satisfied” customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on involvement with client’s project construction.
- Client site supervision of project installations. including oversight of any sub-contractors that are involved.
- Leverage analytical and technical skills to solve issues with some potentially being complex.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with all local safety, health and environmental protocols.
- When required, work closely with local community officials to ensure project site compliance.
- Professionally represent AgriNomix and its Partners at all times.
- Collaborating with Project Manager, Project Design Engineers and Operational teams to ensure successful on-going project execution and 100% customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Using the project scope as a guide, ensure installations are completed within specified quality parameters and in compliance with all local authority building construction codes.
- Continually monitor project status and communicate promptly and effectively to Project Manager any delays, issues or concerns.
- Working variable, and at times, non-traditional hours as required to complete installations within or in advance of established deadlines.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required):
- Associate or bachelor’s degree with Mechanical Engineering as core emphasis preferred.
- 5+ years proven track record of “hands-on” project supervision.
- Manufacturing production flow and system automation knowledge a plus.
- Previous experience in greenhouse construction including HVAC and material transport systems considered advantageous
- Installation Supervisor is decisive and can take action without delay. Seeks advice when required to keep installations on schedule.
- Able to accurately read, interpret and take-off project engineering design plans.
- Able to create a sense of trust and reliability with clients.
- Ability to effectively work autonomously. while always keeping manager informed, as well as, other members of senior leadership as necessary.
- Fanatical about details, follow through and consciousness of high-quality work standards.
- Aims for perfection, goes beyond what is promised and strives for the “X” factor.
- At various leaderships levels, is able to communicate effectively through both written and verbal channels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proficiency using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Bi or Multi-lingual verbal and written communications an advantage (i.e.; Spanish, French, Dutch, etc…).
- Strong, proven mechanical aptitude – willing and able to tum a wrench.
- Critical thinker and over-the-top responsive to customer needs.
- Energized by meeting and engaging new people, strong social skills and ability to lead a diverse team.
- Tenacious, driven, able to deal with frustration and rejection, never gives up.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, flexible with work hours, responsive to customer needs and willing to be available when necessary.
- Results driven. Does what it takes to get the job done, a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude.
- Extensive travel (air and driving) is required for this position and often will require extended away-from-home stays. 2-3 weeks at a time may be common. Valid driver’s license and passport is required.
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disablity Insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
*Salary based on experience and qualifications.